Friday, December 21, 2007

Southern Chile: From the Patagonia to the Lakes Region

After days of cursing my camera due to its ineptitude to properly function I finally came to the realization that I would have to annoyingly ask whoever I was traveling with to switch chips everytime I wanted to take a picture. Therefore I was not able to take photos-on-demand of all the breathtaking scenery I`ve been taking in, but I believe I got a pretty good synopsis with these photos here (minus the Navimag boat cruise). And on a final note I will be marking two new FIRSTS this Chirstmas, #1 Spending Chirstmas away from my family & #2 Celebrating Christmas in the Summer.


PARQUE NACIONAL de TORRES DEL PAINE (Patagonia, Chile)

The ¨3 Torres¨ of the Torres del Paine National Park

Taking a breather near the Lago Nordenskjold

A little beach time admist a 14 hour one day mega-hike. My hiking crew consisted of two Spaniards, an Italian and a Swede. One of the Spaniards, Alex, wore the unconventional Asic lowtop running shoe in place of hiking boots, and it paid off as he was usually 45 minutes ahead of everyone else smoking cigarettes while we all caught up.

And now The Lake Region of Chile, namely Valdivia

The sun sets on Chile. Where the rio meets the mar.

Lookout at Parque Oncol outside of Valdivia.

So an American and two Jews walk into a German brewery... I unexpectedly ran into Ashi (far right) in Valdivia who I had met in a hostel in Buenos Aires 3 weeks before. Along with his friend and coworker Adam, both are Salsa dance instructors in Israel go-figure, we toured manysites in Valdivia including the Cerveceria Kunstmann. This beer is so amazing, and they have it all, from bock to our favorite: honey ale. Check them out: http://www.cerveza-kunstmann.cl/english.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas buddy!
It looks like things are swell right now, making me more impatient to get on the plane. It looks like I'll be departing Jan 10, which I hear might be a day after your return... isn't that something? Well, keep up the good work and try to remember some crucial spots for me. Have a happy new year while you are at it.
Clay